10.3.6. General comments on repair
Do not install the mini-tire on cars with ABS. Use wheels and tires of the required size on cars with ABS. Do not operate the car with the connected ABS tester.
After carrying out any repair over any of the following elements:
– hydraulic modulator;
– ABS control unit;
– sensors of speed of rotation of wheels;
– ABS wires;
– it is necessary to carry out the full procedure of check of ABS, using a tester of ABS 2-LED.
Also, it is necessary to carry out an inspection of ABS after replacement of brake tubes or regulators of pressure in the brake system which were damaged.
After repair of the brake system which did not affect the ABS elements it is necessary to carry out the ABS following operational tests:
– include ignition;
– the alarm bulb of ABS has to light up;
– pass on the car with the switched-off blocking of differential with a speed over 6 km/h;
– the alarm bulb of ABS should not light up.
Carry out this test after repair / replacement of the following elements:
– brake shoes and / or brake disks;
– brake hoses;
– servo-driver of the brake system or main brake cylinder;
– ropes of the brake system and elements of the emergency brake.
At the last tests, check that ABS joined at least at one of ways of braking.